mHealth Applications: Introduction
- mHealth applications are designed to improve the quality of healthcare systems by using digital technologies and telecommunications. mHealth applications are primarily used to maintain health records, and ensure coordinated activities among nurses, physicians, healthcare payers, clinicians, ambulatory care centers etc.
- mHealth applications offer engagement, increased productivity, and communication between doctors, internal staff, pathologists, pharmacists, and patients. Fast communication is crucial in the healthcare sector, especially when dealing with emergency cases.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the mHealth Applications Market
Global mHealth Applications Market: Dynamics
Global mHealth Applications Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Enhanced user experience for patients as well as doctors is encouraging the development and adoption of mHealth applications, which is expected to boost the mHealth applications market during the forecast period.
- Growing penetration of smartphones, tablets, smart watches, and other mobile devices and platforms is expected to boost the demand for mHealth applications across the globe.
- Increasing deployment of connected devices and mHealth applications for the management of chronic diseases is anticipated to fuel the mHealth applications market.
- Increasing technological advancements and changing patient behavior have led to focus on patient-centric healthcare delivery solutions. This is expected to drive the mHealth applications market during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand for home healthcare services is likely to spur the demand for mHealth applications in the forthcoming years.
- Increasing trend of location-based availability of medical solutions is anticipated to boost the demand for mHealth applications during the forecast period. This is primarily because mHealth applications make it easy for patients as well as doctors to communicate, irrespective of time or location.
- Integration challenges or compatibility issues of mHealth applications is anticipated to hinder the market.
- Additionally, security and privacy concerns about confidential healthcare data is expected to hamper the mHealth applications market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global mHealth Applications Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting entire sectors and also directly impacting IT and tech spending. However, COVID-19 has a positive impact on the mHealth application market. The COVID-19 pandemic is a global health crisis. Patients are avoiding going to hospitals for their routine check-up due to the pandemic. Thus, people are turning to alternatives such as mHealth applications to maintain their health & wellness regime.
- The spread of COVID-19 has forced the healthcare IT sector to drive both a stronger online presence and discover new ways to connect. Thus, users are adopting mHealth applications to maintain their health and overcome health challenges.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global mHealth Applications Market
- In terms of region, the global mHealth applications market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global mHealth applications market in 2019, with the U.S. the key market for mHealth applications. As per TMR analysis, the COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S. has resulted in a significant rise in user base or installed base of mHealth applications.
- The mHealth applications market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing adoption of smartphones and smart watches, which in turn increases the adoption of mHealth applications.