HomeWorldJU chief Kuban warns against green-red-red | Free press

JU chief Kuban warns against green-red-red | Free press

Munich (dpa) – CDU boss Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, CSU boss Markus Söder and JU president Tilman Kuban have vowed the union to fight hard against a possible green-red-red alliance in the federal government.

“It will be a tough election campaign, and it is a very fundamental decision about direction,” said Kramp-Karrenbauer at Junge Union (JU) Digital Germany Day on Sunday. Söder warned of a “back to the day before yesterday” if green-red-red became reality. And Kuban said the Greens, the SPD and the Left Party wanted to fulfill the “left-wing Disneyland’s dream”.

Kuban was confirmed by a clear majority as chairman of the CDU and CSU youth organization for two more years. He received 83.8 percent of the vote. There were no rivals. The share of women on the federal board of the joint venture eventually rose to about 41 percent.

Kramp-Karrenbauer, Söder and Kuban have urged the Union not to lull themselves into false, deceptive security in the face of good poll numbers. If the Greens saw an opportunity to appoint the chancellor, “they will do so in every possible constellation,” said the outgoing CDU chairman. That is why the Union must become as strong as possible. Everyone must do their best to ultimately win the election campaign.

“In the next election year, we will not be chosen for what we have achieved in 15 years for this country with Angela Merkel at the helm, but we will be chosen for what we have to offer in the next 15 years, how we want to shape the future . . “She and Söder also mentioned climate policy as a very central topic.

Söder warned: “Politically, you will not remain number one in Germany just because you are already there or because you would like to be.” In the fall of 2021, there will be a “blink of an eye” final in the federal election. Some think black and green would be beautiful. But you have to be careful that you do not eventually wake up with a different model: namely with green-red-red, ”said the CSU boss. And what this would mean for the country, “anyone can imagine”.

Kuban warned regarding the Greens, the SPD and the Left Party, “If you have even one vote in Parliament on September 26, you will take action and make your dream of left-wing Disneyland a reality.” He added: “Sorry, but Red-Red-Green is so badly positioned that even Schalke 04 would be ashamed to send some eleven onto the field.”

He accused the Greens of “a troubled relationship with the rule of law and science” and urged them, “Finally, stop your benefactor’s moral club.” Kuban also warned that, despite current polls, the Union should not feel that it has a false sense of security, even if it is currently well ahead of the Greens and Social Democrats.

Kramp-Karrenbauer, Söder and Kuban are now finally relying on clarity for January about who will be the new CDU chairman. “We will decide at the meeting of the federal executive committee on the 14th that we will hold the party congress in January,” said Kramp-Karrenbauer. “And I think the past few weeks have shown that this is also the right thing to do and that it is necessary.” Former party chairman Friedrich Merz, NRW Prime Minister Armin Laschet and foreign policy specialist Norbert Röttgen flee for her successor.

In a membership poll, the JU’s CDU youth had, by a large majority, advocated Merz as the new CDU boss – with a 20 percent turnout. Söder said, “I would only have been interested in what the other 80 percent would have chosen.”

Söder was again against the choice of the joint candidate for chancellor “too soon”. “That must be decided together.” He called for a time horizon of three to four months, “say March”. ‘We must not make a wrong start prematurely.’

In addition to Kuban, the entire federal board of the GO was elected on Sunday. 9 of the 22 posts were held by women. Heike Wermer, member of the North Rhine-Westphalia state parliament, was re-elected as one of the four deputy federal presidents. The GO had already announced in advance that more women than before would come to the train in the future. The share of women on the board of directors rose to about 41 percent – Kuban called this a ‘smart and good sign’.

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments