Aim assist options and possible reasons why aiming feels off
Overwatch 2 is out on consoles and PCs and, regardless of a considerably messy launch, has attracted a gradual stream of gamers. The aiming mechanism is likely one of the principal gripes followers appear to have with the most recent hero shooter. Many gamers have described it as “aiming on ice,” which is a giant downside for a fast-paced aggressive shooter.
This information will deal with potential points with the goal and the way they are often rectified by way of the settings.
Does Overwatch 2 have goal help?
Sure, it does, similar to the primary recreation. It may be enabled from Settings -> Normal -> Controller. Underneath the Controller part, hit Superior, and right here, controller customers can see Intention Help Energy, Intention Help WIndow Dimension, Intention Help Legacy Mode, Intention Smoothing and Intention Ease In. On PC, solely the final two choices can be found for keyboard & mouse customers. Word that any goal help will probably be disabled when enjoying on PC lobbies.
Curiously, this feature additionally ties into the floatiness that followers have been complaining about.
Why does the aiming price off, and the way to repair it?
For one, Overwatch 2 grants a passive buff to all gamers that will increase the motion velocity by 10%. This was sufficient to throw off many gamers getting back from the unique 2016 recreation. However that’s not all. Different in-game settings are additionally inflicting points.
Varied settings may be tweaked to make aiming really feel higher in Overwatch 2.
- For PC: Set Intention Smoothing and Intention Ease to 0. There appears to be a bug within the recreation that bleeds over controller settings to the PC’s keyboard and mouse controls. This probably leads to a battle chargeable for the delay felt by followers. Turning these help options off ought to resolve the difficulty..
- For console: Intention Help Energy (set to 100), Intention Help Window Dimension to (set to at the least 50), Intention Help Legacy Mode (flip it Off), Intention Help Ease In (at the least 50, can change relying on choice), Intention Smoothing (set between 90-100) and Intention Ease In (off or between 0-5)
- For each console and PC: Underneath Accessibility in Settings, set Digital camera Shake to Lowered, HUD Shake to Off, and Digital camera Shake to Off. This could decrease any distractions when enjoying.
These different choices can additional assist rectify the aiming points on PC:
- Flip off Dynamic Render Scale: After some tinkering, followers have reported that turning off this feature below the Video part of the Settings improved the expertise for them. Discovered below the Video tab in Settings.
- Flip V-Sync Off and tweak Body Fee setings: V-sync delays enter to tie into the cfrmae fee cap, one thing we don’t want in a fast-paced shooter like Overwatch 2. Moreover, set Desired and Most FFrame Fee to the higher ranges, like 300-400.
- Allow Excessive Precision Mouse Enter: This feature was enabled within the first recreation however appeared disabled by default within the successor. Might you set it to On? It’s below the Miscellaneous class and may be discovered right here: Settings -> Gameplay -> Normal. It ought to provide extra concise aiming as gamers transfer the aiming reticle round.
Overwatch 2 is on the market as a free-to-play expertise on PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX|S and Nintendo Swap.