To act in superhero films, some actors go through a real physical transformation. Today we invite you to discover 25 actors who built muscle for their roles as superheroes.
25 actors who built muscle to become a superhero
Since the early 2000s with Super-Men and Spider-Man, superheroes have increasingly taken over our screens. Before that there were of course the films Batman and Superman, but the era of superheroes really started with mutants and Spider-Man. It didn’t escape you, superheroes are generally super-muscular, which isn’t always the case with their interpreters before they play in the movie. In our before / after of the day we invite you to discover the physical development of different actors and actresses for their role as superheroes. You will be able to see that for some it is a real physical transformation.
1) Chris Pratt / Star-Lord
2) Jason Momoa / Aquaman
3) Chadwick Boseman / Black Panther
4) Benedict Cumberbatch / Dr. Strange
5) Brie Larson / Captain Marvel
6) Scarlet Johansson / Black Widow
7) Hugh Jackman / Wolverine
8) Tobey Maguire / Spider-Man
9) Christian Bale / Batman
10) Robert Downey Jr. / Iron Man
11) Paul Rudd / Ant-Man
12) Chris Hemsworth / Thor
13) Chris Evans / Captain America
14) Ben Affleck / Batman
15) Zachary Levi / Shazam
16) Tom Holland / Spider-Man
17) Sebastian Stan / Bucky
18) Mark Rufallo / Bruce Banner
19) Jeremy Renner / Clint Barton
20) Josh Brolin / Cable & Thanos
21) Kumail Nanjiani / Kingo Sunen (The Eternals)
22) Anthony Mackie / Sam Wilson
23) Henry Cavill / Superman
24) Ryan Reynolds / Deadpool
25) Tom Hardy / Bane
Bonus: JK Simmons / Jonah Jameson
It’s the other way around here, JK Simmons did bodybuilding after his time in Spider-Man.
To keep the fun going, check out other actors who have built muscle for their superhero films.